About L’Arche Greater Washington DC
We are a nonprofit and a community of people with and without intellectual disabilities, providing housing and support services to adults with intellectual disabilities and offering a place of belonging and growth to people of all sorts of backgrounds. What does that look like? It looks like the 4 homes we run where adults with and without disabilities live together and support each other. Where we laugh, throw birthday parties, and play games. It looks like inviting volunteers, university groups, and others from all over the world to learn about our mission and our model. And it looks like a dedicated office staff ensuring all of this life and advocacy and education are running smoothly and are well funded.
The Opportunity at L’Arche Greater Washington DC
You are passionate about connecting people to the mission of L’Arche. You have experience in cultivating donor relationships and can communicate L’Arche’s mission to grow financial resources and enhance L’Arche’s impact. L’Arche is looking for a Development Coordinator to steward donor relationships with integrity and admiration for the people of L’Arche. As part of the development and communications team:
- You will cultivate individual donor relationships through annual giving activities and stewardship.
- You will manage annual grant calendars, relationships with foundations, and partner with corporate sponsors.
- You will lead in planning and executing fundraising events.
- You will collaborate closely with the teams Friendship Builder and Director of Development and Communications.
What You Bring
You are self-motivated, with a strong desire to be in fundraising, and ideally have experience in development.
- You have a high attention to detail and follow through, and can connect these values to the work.
- You are engaging in your communication and possess strong storytelling abilities.
- You are creative and respectful, and seek to work collaboratively across the L’Arche community.
A Day in the life (2020 version!)
- You will begin by engaging virtually with the development team, the community, donors, and partners.
- You will meet regularly to discuss fundraising strategy and progress towards goals with the Director of Development and Communication.
- You will collaborate on stewardship projects with the Friendship Builder.
- You will take time to research and be intentional about donor cultivation plans.
What We Offer
We strive to be an inclusive community, where we hope you can find belonging. All members of L’Arche are welcomed to regular events, formations/trainings, and activities to be a part of the lives of people with and without disabilities. Some practical details:
- Tools & support for meaningful work – laptop, phone, mentors, professional development, etc.
- Platinum & low cost Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Matching 401K Contributions after 1 year
- Salary is based on experience; range of $16 – $22/hour
If you think you’d succeed in this role, yet maybe you are hesitant about the qualifications/offers, please consider reaching out and applying. We would love to get to know you!
Submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. As part of getting to know L’Arche, we invite you to attend our monthly Prayer Night on Tue. Dec 1st. If you’re able to attend you will be asked about your insights.